About Los Angeles Employment Law Attorney Renuka Jain
A Hunger for Justice
When people ask me why I practice in this area of law, I tell them one simple thing: “It’s in my blood.”
In India, my family hails from two very different lineages—one came from wealth and fought invaders in the Battle of Panipat in 1776; the other fought for India’s independence from the British Raj and had a seat at the table in the first cabinet of free India. But, on both sides, one thing was clear: courage. The courage to stand up for what you believe in and persist despite the odds is what drives me.
As an employee-focused employment law trial attorney, I put my 30-plus years of experience to empower my clients. I believe in holding wrongdoers accountable. And, I admit to being wholly unafraid to take on hard cases against large multinational corporations, powerful government institutions and entrenched interests. I will challenge the status quo to achieve justice for my clients—for you.
I do not care about your background, I care about justice. I have represented individuals from all walks of life, from a minimum-wage young mother falsely accused of elder abuse to an entertainment studio vice president. I have represented people facing a variety of employment issues, from a hearing-impaired executive facing same-sex harassment to an elected official serial harasser.
What connects all these clients and cases? A sense of true inequity. If a person is being taken advantage of by the system, I believe that they deserve the strongest representation possible.
If this is you, know you deserve better.
When considering which trial lawyer will do best by you, I encourage you to review their history, case results, client testimonials and overall advocacy efforts. Walking the talk is of utmost importance.
Notable Case Results
- 2.5 million dollar verdict Camp v. Los Angeles Unified School District, 2022
- One of the top 25 verdicts in Southern California in 2014 for a wrongful termination lawsuit (Roundtree v. Los Angeles Unified School District)
- Ms. Jain was lead counsel in State v. Merck & Co., Inc., a suit filed by the Texas Attorney General to recover millions of dollars paid in Medicaid reimbursements for Vioxx prescriptions.
- Executive Board Member, California Employment Lawyers Association
- Executive Committee Member, Labor & Employment Section, Los Angeles Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Selected by the Daily Journal as a Top Labor and Employment Lawyer (2020, 2022)
- Named to the Southern California Super Lawyers lists (2016 – 2023)
- Recipient, Frances Campbell Advocacy Award, (2008)
Speaking & Instruction
- Instructor, Trial Lawyers College, California Employment Lawyers Association
- Speaker and panelist, at seminars and continuing legal education events, organized by the Los Angeles Bar Association, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, National Employment Lawyers Association and the National Lawyers Guild Los Angeles
Renuka V. Jain
Knowledgeable Trial Lawyer & Employee Advocate
Call Me for a Free Consultation About Your Employment Law Matter
Based in Los Angeles, I serve employees across Southern California. If you are suffering now due to your current or past employer’s egregious, illegal behavior, call me. You can reach me at 310-476-5788 or you can send me an email.
During your free consultation, we will discuss your situation and your possible alternatives for moving forward. And if you’re worried—either about costs, further retaliation, harm to your reputation, or more—set those fears aside. Pick up the phone. You’ll find a trusted advocate and unwavering ally in me.